Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: BOATLOADS of Dell!
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:31 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
(Sorry for the blurriness, I have a sucky camera.)

Let the fun begin!

Lets see-I got:
2 Dell GX260s
3 Dell GX270's (the dimension has a GX270 board in it)
1 Dell GX280
2 Dell UltraSharp 15" Monitors(one is on my desk).

The GX270 desktop is the only one with bad caps.

Post subject: Re: BOATLOADS of Dell!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:38 pm 

Dood, I like your pics, but why would you want to have so many Dhells? One peice of crap is enough for me lol :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:47 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

LOL especially the Simon chassis line. They have the worst power supplies Dhell ever used.

Personally, I have One Dhell XPS Gen 3 Laptop, three Dhell desktops, a 4100, 4700 and an XPS 600 and all are still up and running. These were made back in the good ol days. When Dhell actually made decent quality products.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:49 pm 

Tailmon wrote:
LOL especially the Simon chassis line. They have the worst power supplies Dhell ever used.

Personally, I have One Dhell XPS Gen 3 Laptop, three Dhell desktops, a 4100, 4700 and an XPS 600 and all are still up and running. These were made back in the good ol days. When Dhell actually made decent quality products.

Tail, yes I regret that I gave away my earlier XPS generation model to my brother, as it was a solid performer with few issues; but I thought it was time to update technology wise. Unfortunately, the irony is I never checked for sites like this because I expected my most recent Dhell XPS to be the same quality, instead of the crapola I got :oops:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:37 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

Tailmon, you say you have a xps 600, I was just wondering about your configuration. I have seen online that you can only put up to 2 gb memory in it, 8 is possible but anything between 2 to 8 it will not boot, is this true?,, also I have heard upgrading the graphics card is made difficult by different power connectors on the newer cards, also i have read it is not possible to put a core 2 duo or pentium dual core processor in it, anything you can share would be nice. My system is a Pentium D 830, 2 gb ram (4x 512), 2 256mb 8700 gtx geforce video cards, 750 gb hdd , and a recently bought western digital black 1 tb tdd (for extra storage and it is to go into my next pc) (as this system was bought at a police auction the 2 hdds it shipped with were not included) both optical drives crapped out on me and have been replaced, I even added a floppy drive because well it has space for one, lol, creative xfi sound card, I run windows 7 64 bit,,, a strange thing with this systemwith both vista when i used it on this and windows 7 is the machine wont boot unless there is a windows cd in the drive, weird huh?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Delledima1976 wrote:
Tailmon, you say you have a xps 600, I was just wondering about your configuration. I have seen online that you can only put up to 2 gb memory in it, 8 is possible but anything between 2 to 8 it will not boot, is this true?,, also I have heard upgrading the graphics card is made difficult by different power connectors on the newer cards, also i have read it is not possible to put a core 2 duo or pentium dual core processor in it, anything you can share would be nice. My system is a Pentium D 830, 2 gb ram (4x 512), 2 256mb 8700 gtx geforce video cards, 750 gb hdd , and a recently bought western digital black 1 tb tdd (for extra storage and it is to go into my next pc) (as this system was bought at a police auction the 2 hdds it shipped with were not included) both optical drives crapped out on me and have been replaced, I even added a floppy drive because well it has space for one, lol, creative xfi sound card, I run windows 7 64 bit,,, a strange thing with this systemwith both vista when i used it on this and windows 7 is the machine wont boot unless there is a windows cd in the drive, weird huh?

Due to the operating system (XP Pro) and other limitations all systems pretty much are limited to 2 gigs that actually show up when you fill the slots with more than 2 gigs. I acctually have 4 one gig sticks in mine. yet it shows only 2 gig on the config. I'm also running a 3.2 gig processer I'm also running an invidia GTX with 512 memory on it (Believe its about 2 years old now)
I found after about a year that the dual video card config the system had was becomming an issue because of the heat it made. I ended up removing one card and the back filler plates to help with it. by year 3 I had replaced the cards with a single Newer and better Nvidia card that had better cooling than the strange who knows what video cards Dhell used in my system. I also put in a XFI soundblaster card for sound over the crappy one Dhell had in the system.

Pretty much the only other operating system that a XOS 600 prob could run is a Vista that Dhell was offering at the time. Running windows 7 is like trying to squeeze a garden hose worth of information through a straw without at least 4 gig of memory and the correct processer for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

Got yet another GX280. Loud fan error=SMASHY! :twisted:
Oh, By the way, it litterally exploded on impact. Dangit. Now I have to pick up the plastic

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]