Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:43 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

T Minus 11 hours and counting down.........
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:53 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

help_me_im_in_hell wrote:
I've only got the invite for the meeting, not a private one. Damn, guess i wasn't lucky enough to be canned.

Wait.. there are 2 types of meeting tomorrow? I haven't checked aspect yet.. I only know about the mandatory one because of the email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am 
Apprentice Dellhater

The 3 meetings are not rumors. 10:30-11:00 a.m. (my assigned meeting and expected end of my Dell existance) 11:00-11:30 and 11:30a.m.-12:00p.m. Stop by the Royal Oak and have a beer with us it's bound to be quite crowded! Like everyone else on my team I cleaned out my desk and locker tonight. I've made some good friends over there and I wish you each of you all the luck in the world. With three other local call centers having closed or currently in the throes of closing we'll need it. On the bright side we can all put the frustrations of having to deal with other techs who sell crap to people who didn't need the crap in the first place. Like a full height card in a 200 or 210 or additional 2 512MB DIMMs of RAM when their notebook has only 2 slots! Total solutions quickly became total va fangoule to CE and conversely eventually to Dell itself with all the customers who quickly learn that the new video card that won't fit or 5 licenses of anti-virus for their stand alone PC is four licenses too many. To Michael Dell I can say that as I leave Dell tomorrow I can hold my head high with the knowledge that I have the distinction of holding one of the bottom spots for your Total Soultions made and that I have always regarded my caller's needs as first importance even before Dell's tried my best to resolve in one. My caller's always knew that and frequently commented in regard to that. But that doesn't really matter does it Michael? The name of the game is no longer Cutomer Experience but lets squeeze every nickel we can out of these marks each and every time they call. To Michael Jaillet I have 2 things to say to you, you heartless bastard, STUGATS! and VA FANGOULE! what's that you say Mr Jaillet? You don't understand the language? Hey fuggedd-abowd-it now you know how you average caller is going to feel when they have to speak with Mumbai, Pasai, and Bangalore. It won't take Dell too long to lose it's market share again. There's an old adage: "Those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:50 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

Ack balls.. I don't have any "extra" meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:30 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Nut Bolt Cog wrote:
The 3 meetings are not rumors. 10:30-11:00 a.m. (my assigned meeting and expected end of my Dell existance) 11:00-11:30 and 11:30a.m.-12:00p.m.

Yep. This is EXACTLY what happened the day we were told Edmonton was closing. Mandatory, 30 minute meetings (all hands) though it wasn't needed, because after the first meeting scheduled, within 5 minutes just about every agent available knew what to expect. The last 2 meetings were just filler at that point and not even needed.

*BONG!*

Expect to hear the death knell in Ottawa at the first scheduled meeting. Kudos to those that cleaned out all their crap beforehand. Everyone should leave their badges at home and force Security sign-ins for one and all. What are they gonna do to you - fire you? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:44 am 
Apprentice Dellhater

Nut Bolt Cog wrote:
The 3 meetings are not rumors. 10:30-11:00 a.m. (my assigned meeting and expected end of my Dell existance) 11:00-11:30 and 11:30a.m.-12:00p.m. Stop by the Royal Oak and have a beer with us it's bound to be quite crowded! Like everyone else on my team I cleaned out my desk and locker tonight. I've made some good friends over there and I wish you each of you all the luck in the world. With three other local call centers having closed or currently in the throes of closing we'll need it. On the bright side we can all put the frustrations of having to deal with other techs who sell crap to people who didn't need the crap in the first place. Like a full height card in a 200 or 210 or additional 2 512MB DIMMs of RAM when their notebook has only 2 slots! Total solutions quickly became total va fangoule to CE and conversely eventually to Dell itself with all the customers who quickly learn that the new video card that won't fit or 5 licenses of anti-virus for their stand alone PC is four licenses too many. To Michael Dell I can say that as I leave Dell tomorrow I can hold my head high with the knowledge that I have the distinction of holding one of the bottom spots for your Total Soultions made and that I have always regarded my caller's needs as first importance even before Dell's tried my best to resolve in one. My caller's always knew that and frequently commented in regard to that. But that doesn't really matter does it Michael? The name of the game is no longer Cutomer Experience but lets squeeze every nickel we can out of these marks each and every time they call. To Michael Jaillet I have 2 things to say to you, you heartless bastard, STUGATS! and VA FANGOULE! what's that you say Mr Jaillet? You don't understand the language? Hey fuggedd-abowd-it now you know how you average caller is going to feel when they have to speak with Mumbai, Pasai, and Bangalore. It won't take Dell too long to lose it's market share again. There's an old adage: "Those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

Amen you've captured my sentiments exactly ,well said. As I commented to a client last night when he said "It's nice to be able to talk to a competent technician I can understand" I replied "don't get used to it" . I fully expect my employment with Dell to end as of today as well as of 11am and as much as I need a paycheque no job is worth the bullshit that has been Dell Ottawa the last 6 months..Total Solutions wasn't going to save us never could. MJ Nicole Bradford and Vinay may you rot in DELL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 am 
Discovering Dellhate

Joined this site to-day after having visited regularly for weeks. In fact, it was a Dell employee who directed my attention to you.

I have never encountered anything like the employee morale and company mismanagement revealed on this site. Knowing two people who work in Dell Ottawa, I heard it all, from promises made in training ("meritocracy"), to "Be the reason", to stack ranks, to unresolved management screw ups even at low levels, and "Total Solution". Dell deserves to go belly-up, and should, as an object lesson in how not to produce, sell, provide service - or treat employees.

To all who will lose their Dell livelihood in Ottawa or anywhere, my sincere hope for a speedy financial and personal recovery. May you find employers who will not treat you as galley slaves. To Michael Dell and associates, an equally sincere go to hell. I came that close to buying a Dell laptop, but now would not even consider buying a Dell product.

And I will see what I can do to spread the "Don't buy Dell!" word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 am 
Chancellor of Dellhateology

Any chance someone with a cell phone can take a little video of the carnage today? I'd love to see in person but I unfortunately have to go check on a family member thats way more important.

Keep us informed after the "meetings" ! I wonder how many laptops , or desktops for that matter suddenly disappeared out of the office yesterday or will today....lol

HellResident

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:47 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

Unfortunately Im not working today. But maybe I should go in to see the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:51 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

Nut Bolt Cog wrote:
To Michael Dell I can say that as I leave Dell tomorrow I can hold my head high with the knowledge that I have the distinction of holding one of the bottom spots for your Total Soultions made and that I have always regarded my caller's needs as first importance even before Dell's tried my best to resolve in one.

I take serious offense to that! I bet I had less than you:P Oh and in my Q4 review, my manager said that I was against total solutions and very open about it.

They sent a guy over to "Train" me on how to do it when it was implemented, and I used the term "Fuster Cluck".... hope that's not against the rules of this forum

TS was such BS haha :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 am 
Journeyman Dellhater

"my manager said that I was against total solutions and very open about it."

Interesting. I got the same thing from mine. I took it as a compliment lol.

Try to make me shill thier crap on fixed income people, with high interest rates akin to debt slavery. Kiss le derriere.

Post subject: layoff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:06 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

well heres the email sent to dhell all, i didnt go in today i wonder how there going to contact people that couldnt come in?:

Ottawa Team:

Today is a very tough day for all of us. As you all know by now, we plan to close our site in late Q2. This will impact over 1000 great people and their families. It seems like just yesterday we announced we are opening our doors for business. Over the past two plus years we not only hired great people and built a business, we became a family. As hard as this is to believe, I really think what we did here is awesome! I would also like to think you have gained some experience through all your training and hard work - skills that you will be able to take with you.

You have my personal commitment that we will work with all of you to handle the next few weeks in the most professional and dignified manner. You have always put the customer first and that is what set us apart from our peers globally. It's important that we all "go out on top" and maintain that level of support as we wrap things up.

When I first moved to Ottawa almost three years ago, our plans were very aggressive and challenging. We were asked to build the perfect site and we did! We had the best C-Sat, best agents, best resolution and best team. I can honestly say you delivered in every way. Ottawa was looked at as the premium/top site in the network. When I look back, we were the first site to breakthrough the CE barrier of 80% and then 90%. Our XPS, ACS, PT5 and DOC teams all lead the way for the world. You should all be very proud of what you've done. You challenged each other and yourselves to be the best you can be. You took care of customer issues and went above and beyond the call of duty.

I will miss you all. Your dedication, flexibility, focus, drive and empathy are what I will always remember. This is the best Contact Center team I've ever worked with. I will always remember this team as being number one.

Thank you for being the best and good luck in your next phase.

Sincerely,

MJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:14 pm 
Apprentice Dellhater

Wow, wonder if MJ wrote that or if it is a Dell scripted DSN message....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:36 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Well, I hate to be an "I told ya so", but...

You know the rest.

At least now those in Ottawa can take off their rose colored glasses and proceed with clear view. It's always sad to see people lose their jobs, but as I've mentioned frequently and recently, those out in Ottawa should've prepared themselves for this and not fallen for Dell's corporate bullshit of "Just layoffs, nothing to see here".

20:1 that more and more corporate clients will now pull away from Dell product (in Canada) because of these closures. Loyalty only goes so far, but pride goes all the way. I imagine it'll be a cold day in Hell before Dell can ever show their face in Canada again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 pm 
Apprentice Dellhater

intheknow08 wrote:
Wow, wonder if MJ wrote that or if it is a Dell scripted DSN message....

Now that's funny! I guess I could always keep drilling down using MOC to find it too.

Well I’m still employed. Until June 27th anyways. Not so sure it’s a good thing. Surprise! Surprise! They didn’t ask anyone they kept if they would prefer to stay to the end or just take the severance package. They just culled the herd and dangled a new carrot in front of our noses. Of course if I leave of my own accord I won't see a dime of the severance package. God knows I can't walk away from the cash, I have to keep feeding my 12 year old. I'm so ashamed of myself. I've become a corporate whore.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next