Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: broke xps laptop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 am 
Discovering Dellhate

i live in India, don't hate me
i accidentally broke my xps laptop , i was using it in my hostel balcony and people were playing over there.i just meant to use it to do some urgent work on the internet. but to my misfortune somehow the ball hit me and the laptop fell and suffered major damage. Now on contacting the dell team, i had complete accidetal cover ,initially they said they would fix it and now they are saying it is a case of Customer induced damage so they won't fix it. i went thru the documents there is no mention of CID anywhere.
this issue went for 4 weeks i called them and they said ys then no then yes then no no no and in the mean time my warrant has expired
any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: broke xps laptop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 am 
Admin

if you have the CompleteCare, it should cover you in cases of accidental CID... that's sort of what that's there for. I'd try and contact the Escalation's team and see if they can help you.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/ ... Redirect=y

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 am 
Discovering Dellhate

i did raise the matter to the escalation team and they told me that it is clearly a case of CID and they won't repair my unit no under accidental cover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Good luck on getting it fixed. Dhell is notorious for making up excuses to not fix your laptop.
If they do fix it? It will be shoddy if not really crappy work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:40 pm 
Admin

Sorry to hear. Another case of "yes- no- yes- no- yes- no- escalate- yes- no- warranty expired". Dell will go to whatever lengths they can get away with to skate warranty liability. In certain US states the attorney general will jump them for doing that. In others, not, it's up to the state. In other countries, I haven't a clue. Other than legal and credit card (on new purchases) one hasn't much leverage against Dell.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 am 
Discovering Dellhate

has anyone seen this clause of customer induced damage in the accidental-warranty document , i went thru it and dint find anything.
if anybody found could please point it out to me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:59 am 
Admin

No offense, but evidently you do not yet realize who you're dealing with. Dell phone answerers do not necessarily follow written policy. Any time they dispatch parts or service their metrics get a black mark. And they are allowed--encouraged actually--to lie to customers.

That's the very short version, but trust us, we've been watching this kind of thing happen and escalate for ten years.

You're right, "accidental damage warranty" is supposed to cover what happened to yours. It was advertised that way on television, and it's sold that way on the phone. But once again, when you call upon Dell to fulfill the warranty they sold you, you encounter the infamous Dell stone wall.

If your country has active consumer protection you can report this problem to the government and they will force Dell to fulfill their own terms. Dell will seldom do it of their own volition. You must have leverage to get any kind of satisfaction out of Dell. Sorry, that's just the way they do business. I know it's hard to imagine a major retail company being that dishonest, but again that's just the way things are with Dell.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]