Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great service from my experience, contrary to what i've read
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

Last friday(9/21/12), I ordered a Dell XPS 8500. It has been a long time since I ordered a Dell, and was unfamiliar with the 'make it when you order it' system they implemented. I got 3-5 day shipping for 20 bucks or something, but I was taken by surprise by the estimated delivery date posted - nearly 2 weeks + later or so.

I immediately chat with the customer service, who was friendly. She(i think its a she) did throw me some 'automated responses' but overall was quite helpful. I told her that I was concerned about why the order would take so long to ship, and how I paid for faster shipping, and whether I would be entitled to a refund if the product shipped when it said it would. Note that I was extremely polite to the customer service representative - not sure if this made any difference in the matter though.

She immediately took back charges on shipping, and put me on 1 business day delivery. She also let me know I would be contacted by phone on any updates (when it ships). Over the weekend I was very skeptical after reading so many complaints, on this site as well as others, on how long it has taken people to receive their items. However today on monday (9/24/12) I received a phonecall at noon that my package has been shipped, and that I should expect it by tomorrow.

I was very pleased with the service I received from Dell, and I created an account to make this post to counterbalance the many negative reviews of this company (I still need to follow up on the quality and performance of the product itself). I feel really bad for the people that suffered through bad customer service, and delayed shipping. That really sucks and if that happened to me I'd be mad as all hell. But I haven't seen any positive reviews on customer service and shipping anywhere(which got me worried) so I decided to write about a positive experience so that it is out there and people may find it when surfing about their concerns like I did.

I think my monitor will be shipped at a later date separately, but that is okay with me given the concerns that I had about the whole ordeal. In my opinion they provided good customer service, and more importantly, they kept their promise - however rare it may or may not be. The problem with these reviews is that people don't write them when things go right, only when things go wrong. I am not sure how often things go wrong or right, but I am just here to tell my experience.

I will update this when I get my packages and test my computer.

Post subject: Re: Great service from my experience, contrary to what i've
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:48 pm 
Admin

I have written 'things go right' reviews for Amazon and hobby sellers. But you're right, mostly people talk about complaints.

We'll be looking for the wraparound, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

Update: Computer and monitor both arrived promptly at 12:30 today (9/25/12). Everything seems to be there, but I haven't hooked anything up. I will report back in a couple of weeks on the performance of the product.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:00 am 
Discovering Dellhate

Everything seems to be working fine. Runs nice n everything.

Thats it mates gl buying stuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

djedium wrote:
Everything seems to be working fine. Runs nice n everything.

Thats it mates gl buying stuff

Good luck its only a matter of time before it will go bad then your Dhell Hell will begin!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]