Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Odd question but never have done contract to hire work
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

I was hired through a temp service. And can see all the ways of exploitation on us contract to hire employees. I'm greatful to be working but I don't know what to expect or if they will pull the rug out from under me after everything. I also don't know what they have you go through again if they do keep you. Really frustrating going in everyday and wondering if or when your numbers up. They stated it was a 6 to 12 month contract before they "roll people over". I don't know if I will have to do the HIPA testing again at time of start, another background check and all prior testing, or if it's a breeze. I really am not a fan of my privacy invaded again for the same job, but I guess that may come with the territory. It's been at least 6 months now, everyone that is full time already says they make you wait a year which I can believe. Just was wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat or has an answer. I know what a lot of the replies will say lol, "you poor unlucky soul" or something to that nature, it's fine I will laugh with you. Thank you for your help. Have a nice day.

Post subject: Re: Odd question but never have done contract to hire work
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 pm 
Admin

The site was setup by employees for employees but few visit any more.

I was contract engineering (no agency, just the department and me) and quickly hired. But almost as quickly laid off and so was everyone else including the manager.

Then I was contract through Spherion for 9 months and that was that. Because some longterm temps once sued them--and won--for using them as permanent temporaries, the policy changed to 9 months on and then brick wall. The department had no authorization to hire anyone, though they let on that they did.

Both positions I was number 1-3 in productivity so there were no performance issues. Also never sick, couple hours at the dentist was all.

Bottom line, Dell doesn't give a fxck what you do for them, you're a commodity like toilet paper to them. Do the job, everybody needs one, but don't delude yourself into any kind of expectations what Dell can or will do for you. The answer is "almost certainly nothing". Whatever they told you, they are almost certainly lying.

Keep looking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 am 
Discovering Dellhate

Thank you for the reply. I have caught them in a lot of little white lies, or moments when they end up inserting foot in mouth in front of us all in training. Talking of night-shift differential, but no one gets it that is contract, how we have to work holidays where they are not paid. I'm sure that all sounds familiar.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 am 
Admin

They handle engineering differently than help or phone. But not entirely different. After the rumored February layoffs--which they denied until they happened-- they told us "That's it, no more. If you're still here, you're here". Yeah we were. Until the May layoffs. And that was as HIRES, not temps which is short for "contempt".

Lying is pervasive in the company's operational culture. IOW, if they make a point of telling you something, it's a lie.

Don't believe anything they say, don't invest in promises or expectations. Minimizes betrayal and disappointment. The worst you've heard or can imagine is true. Every day in every way they are out to fuck you over.

Sorry that's such a glum outlook on a new job, but better you find out now than after you're invested in working there. Just don't let on that you know all this and you'll at least get paid for 6 months. That's better than I'm doing, slowly going broke on social security.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am 
Discovering Dellhate

Yeah thats what another employee stated. I think he'd actually love this site if he doesn't know about it already. I try to just stay to myself and under the radar. What pisses me off the most is that feeling that you don't exist. I have to really hold back. And no worries on glum outlook, I'm glad to learn all I can to prepare for whatever. I appreciate the honesty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 am 
Admin

Best to be informed, even if it's stuff you don't so specially want to hear. Dell has lied to cities, states, countries, shareholders. They've been judged in court as lying to customers in the 38 states that sued them. They lied to the SEC. They lie to employees and falsify employment records. They even have contractors paid and trained to lie for them. Dell may be the most unethical company based in the US.

Take their money and run, keep your head down and your mouth shut, keep looking for a real job. Best fortune.