It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Inspiron 2305 All in One
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:33 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

3/26/2011

Dell Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never purchase from them again.
Which is a shame because my last computer, as well as those of my daughter, sister & mother, were all Dell computers and very good. However, after what I went through today-- and what they put my 92 year old mother through-- is down right inhumane and should be criminal!

I purchased a new Dell computer, Inspiron All in One, for my mother on Feb. 7, 2011. On March 13, 2011 the screen went black. My mother called Dell and the representative insisted on sending a tech out to replace the systems board and hard drive. Sounds like most of the guts of this computer to me--so why not give her a new one? But, no, they insisted on sending a tech out and repairing it.

The first tech came out on Wed. 3/16/11 but hadn’t a clue how to work on it. The second tech came out on Friday, 3/18/11, and replaced everything. On Monday, 3/21/11, the computer screen went black AGAIN. So, my mother called the company once again-- and once again they refused to replace it; rather, they decided to send out a tech to repair it AGAIN. (What’s left to repair?!) So, they told her they would call her back to schedule the appointment for the tech to come to her home, and then a customer service rep. would contact her on Saturday, 3/26/11 to make sure everything was ok and fixed properly. Saturday rolls around—no appointment and no call from Dell.

This is where I take over and the nightmare continues…
On Saturday, 3/26, I spent 2 ½ hours on the phone with Dell trying to reach a person who could fix this computer and situation. During this time the following occurred: I was disconnected once; I was switched to 5 different departments; and I was told that Dell didn’t have the part to “fix” the computer and it was on back order. No one bothered to contact my mother to let her know. Meanwhile, she has no contact with the outside world without her computer. And at 92, you don’t spend a lot of time driving to your friends’ houses anymore. Her computer is her link to the world and her entertainment.

When I finally reached a manager after 2 ½ hours he told me the only thing he could do is send me a new Inspiron computer. Why would I want that!! The guy was not going to budge on his decision even an inch. When I requested to speak to his superior, he told me someone would contact me in about 5 days. I told him that was unacceptable. He told me to take the computer or a full refund. I chose the full refund and told him I would be purchasing a different brand and posting my story on facebook and any other forum I could find. At that point he told me “Corporate” would be contacting me within 24 hours. It almost sounded like a threat. So, I told him I would be more than happy to speak with “Corporate.” Not sure they will be happy to speak to me but we shall see.

Finally, during the 2 ½ hours I was waiting on the phone with Dell, my sister did some research and discovered numerous reviews of this computer—ALL of them complaining about the same problem of the computer going black and having the hard drive replaced several times.

Clearly, this computer is a lemon. And clearly Dell knows this (since it’s also been a topic of discussion on Dell’s online forum) but it is not fixing the computer nor giving a different computer to customers nor issuing a recall of defective equipment. Perhaps Dell has too many customers and can afford to lose some?

Moral of my story, don’t buy Dell computers. They have very poor customer service. But most of all don’t purchase their Inspiron 2305 All in One.

Update: Dell’s Corporate office called today only to assure us they would process the refund to see if it was approved! That was an interesting choice of words. I requested that someone above the guy I was speaking to call me and he stated “No one will call you”. Wow, what does that say for Dell? Dell obviously has far too many customers and doesn’t need all of us peons!

Post subject: Re: Inspiron 2305 All in One
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:13 pm 
Admin

Quote:
I requested that someone above the guy I was speaking to call me and he stated “No one will call you”.
WHAT? A Dell phoner being honest? Odds on this guy having a job this time next week?

Thanks for bringing this up. Every time we think we have heard how bad Dell can get, they raise their own bar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:07 pm 

WhyaDell wrote:
3/26/2011

Dell Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never purchase from them again.
Which is a shame because my last computer, as well as those of my daughter, sister & mother, were all Dell computers and very good. However, after what I went through today-- and what they put my 92 year old mother through-- is down right inhumane and should be criminal!

I purchased a new Dell computer, Inspiron All in One, for my mother on Feb. 7, 2011. On March 13, 2011 the screen went black. My mother called Dell and the representative insisted on sending a tech out to replace the systems board and hard drive. Sounds like most of the guts of this computer to me--so why not give her a new one? But, no, they insisted on sending a tech out and repairing it.

The first tech came out on Wed. 3/16/11 but hadn’t a clue how to work on it. The second tech came out on Friday, 3/18/11, and replaced everything. On Monday, 3/21/11, the computer screen went black AGAIN. So, my mother called the company once again-- and once again they refused to replace it; rather, they decided to send out a tech to repair it AGAIN. (What’s left to repair?!) So, they told her they would call her back to schedule the appointment for the tech to come to her home, and then a customer service rep. would contact her on Saturday, 3/26/11 to make sure everything was ok and fixed properly. Saturday rolls around—no appointment and no call from Dell.

This is where I take over and the nightmare continues…
On Saturday, 3/26, I spent 2 ½ hours on the phone with Dell trying to reach a person who could fix this computer and situation. During this time the following occurred: I was disconnected once; I was switched to 5 different departments; and I was told that Dell didn’t have the part to “fix” the computer and it was on back order. No one bothered to contact my mother to let her know. Meanwhile, she has no contact with the outside world without her computer. And at 92, you don’t spend a lot of time driving to your friends’ houses anymore. Her computer is her link to the world and her entertainment.

When I finally reached a manager after 2 ½ hours he told me the only thing he could do is send me a new Inspiron computer. Why would I want that!! The guy was not going to budge on his decision even an inch. When I requested to speak to his superior, he told me someone would contact me in about 5 days. I told him that was unacceptable. He told me to take the computer or a full refund. I chose the full refund and told him I would be purchasing a different brand and posting my story on facebook and any other forum I could find. At that point he told me “Corporate” would be contacting me within 24 hours. It almost sounded like a threat. So, I told him I would be more than happy to speak with “Corporate.” Not sure they will be happy to speak to me but we shall see.

Finally, during the 2 ½ hours I was waiting on the phone with Dell, my sister did some research and discovered numerous reviews of this computer—ALL of them complaining about the same problem of the computer going black and having the hard drive replaced several times.

Clearly, this computer is a lemon. And clearly Dell knows this (since it’s also been a topic of discussion on Dell’s online forum) but it is not fixing the computer nor giving a different computer to customers nor issuing a recall of defective equipment. Perhaps Dell has too many customers and can afford to lose some?

Moral of my story, don’t buy Dell computers. They have very poor customer service. But most of all don’t purchase their Inspiron 2305 All in One.

Update: Dell’s Corporate office called today only to assure us they would process the refund to see if it was approved! That was an interesting choice of words. I requested that someone above the guy I was speaking to call me and he stated “No one will call you”. Wow, what does that say for Dell? Dell obviously has far too many customers and doesn’t need all of us peons!

First of all, I just wanted to say props to you man for trying to protect your Mom from these shysters. For what its worth, we all seem to get the same shitty, cover my ass service. As much as I hate Dhell, I do try to be fair, and agree with you, my previous Dhell computer was fine-I'm going to take a guess that yours was from a number of years ago (as was my first one).

That was then and this is now.

My philosophy is there are some customers left (such as me and you) that went in there buying these computers thinking we were going to get decent working computers out of the box from our previous experience. My hope is thru websites like this, that the percentage of people (including myself) increases that now know Dhell has gone from making a decent computer to sending shit in a box, defective garbage, with technical support that doesn't know fuckall how to help (except in covering their ass and hanging up the phone when the shit gets too deep) you once you get past the frustration of not being able to understand them.

You had an Inspiron, I had an XPS, it seems they don't discriminate in the steaming piles of shit they send out and call a computer.

I'm not surprised they said noone would call you from higher up; CYA is in full effect. I remember once I had a problem with McDonalds at a drive thru where five times in a row, they short changed me items at the drive thru window; when I sent corporate a letter, not only did I get free coupons, you better beleive that shit stopped real quick. Dhell is the polar opposite; they could give a flying fuck about the customer, only their bottom line.

Anyways, I truly beleive Michael Dell has to be aware that hes sending out garbage product. I personally think hes sitting on his 15 billion or whatever, and doesn't give a shit anymore sitting in his ivory tower fat, dumb, and happy (or mansion with 20 foot walls or whatever to keep away all the angry customers).

Pay it forward; spread the gospel to all your friends and family about your Dhell hatred. You better believe I am. Its too late to get me back as a customer and I'd rather give my left nut that ever buy a Dhell product again, but maybe when it hits them in the pocketbook, they will stop pissing on customers who think they are getting a legitimately decent product (and are sadly mistaken). Its never too late for me though to inform unsuspecting people how much Dhell sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:53 am 
Admin

Just FYI, here's how their service thing works:

1) The techs that come to your house are not Dell employees. They are usually contracted through Unisys or WWTS (occasionally some smaller vendors), and so have their own policies on work and such to have to work around, such as their internal support desk not being open on the weekends or the FedEx parts drops not receiving parts until monday, or what have you.

2) They generally work on a "3-strikes" system.. i.e. they'll replace 3 major parts in (i think its) 30 days, and if the issue still occurs, then they'll swap the system - don't take that as gospel, that's just how they do it in most cases, extremely rarely a 4th service call is placed, but that's generally only if its a "This can be the only other thing that's wrong". Also, if it's a different issue entirely, the process starts again.

3) Your parts on a normal NBD (next Business Day) warrantee were shipped overnight FedEx. A replacement machine is going to take time to assemble, package, test, and ship - usually 7-10 business days, at least, sometimes longer. Because you were outside the 21-day return policy, they would have exchanged it for a refurbished machine, most likely.

4) Working on those things is a royal PITA, and if they sent the first tech out without adequately training him on how to take them apart, that's on the aforementioned contractor, not on Dell. The training is available to us, at least (i can't speak for all companies) and most techs will have a smartphone or laptop with them to be able to read those docs while on site if they get stuck on something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:01 am 
PhDh--Doctor of Dellhateology

If you used a credit card to purchase the computer I would contact them about reverse charging to get your money back. If you don't it is a long way from being over. They will continue to lie to you and draw this out.