Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Had I not heard this, I would not have believed it....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

Hi all....

Interesting call to sales today. A customer calls in and says that he is tired with getting the phone transfer run around regarding the Inspiron 15 laptop he bought that happened to come without the Intregated Web Cam that he ordered and paid extra for.
This would not be a big deal, but this is the third complaint I have heard about this problem and one was from my own customer. Without a manager in sight, I was pretty helpless in helping out. I steered him toward Customer Care and asked him that he call me and let me know the outcome or if he got no answers, maybe I could get some kind of resolution for him.
He was nice enough to leave me a voice mail when I was out to lunch. He told me that 2,000+ customers have had the same issue and that "Dell was working on a solution and would contact everyone when they get it straightened out" (direct quote from the customer).
Um...what needs to be figured out here? They order and pay fpr something and it is not delivered, you make it right...right away. I thought there was some kind of quality control measure that would prevent this kind of needless mistake.
However, in the words of a sales manager, these customers "do not know what they are doing...that's why they are calling us" (another direct quote). When will people wake up? When will those who really do care about the customers actually realize what they are pushing?

Sad...so very sad....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

It truly is amazing how much a DHell manager is willing to overlook if his job depends on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 am 
He is better off going to Wal-Mart and buying a logitech webcam. Those built in webcams are crap. My Acer Aspire had a built in webcam and it was even a logitech cam with software branded by Acer but it was still crap. Ask Dell to be refunded for the extra he paid for the webcam and get a real logitech from Wal-Mart or whereever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:39 pm 
Doese anyone else agree? How good are the built in dell webcams? Have there been any issues with them? Who is the OEM? I heard Creative is the OEM is that true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:34 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Dhell's built in webcams are the most worthless piece of crap they could find. The pix you get from them is marginal and hard to see at best. Maybe Mikey didnt want his true image on line so he had the crap put on the computers just so he can hide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Tailmon wrote:
Dhell's built in webcams are the most worthless piece of crap they could find. The pix you get from them is marginal and hard to see at best. Maybe Mikey didnt want his true image on line so he had the crap put on the computers just so he can hide.

Naaaaah. As I've stated many times before: It's all about the cost, baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:58 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

Tailmon wrote:

Yeah, I will agree with the quality of the Intregrated Cam's images, but if I pay for crap, I would thus expect to receive crap in return. :lol:

I have heard nothing about what has happened to all of the customers who went through this, but whatever it was, they really pulled the wool over their eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 pm 
stinky40 wrote:
Tailmon wrote:

Yeah, I will agree with the quality of the Integrated Cam's images, but if I pay for crap, I would thus expect to receive crap in return. :lol:

I have heard nothing about what has happened to all of the customers who went through this, but whatever it was, they really pulled the wool over their eyes.

Well I have seen the built in web cam my cousin came over and we tested Skype he was on my network using the same router as my computer with Skype. The image did look good. He was on a video call with his wife in Texas. She even said his video looked good. His daughter is in Malaysia she has a dell with built in cam and the image looked good from my computer. So maybe the built in web cams have gotten better if they are atleast 1.3mega pixel they should be good.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]