Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Letter to my friends Boss
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

My friend who works in Round rock sales sent this to their manager, Lauren Watson. To be honest, I met Lauren once and she seemed like your typical Dell dumbshit. I don't know if the letter was sent anonymously, or they quit / were laid off / fired, whatever. It was a funny read with a lot of sad truths in it...

In all the years I have worked, I can honestly say you are the absolute WORST "manager" I have ever seen. I have no idea who you "knew" or what you did to get this position, but it is obvious to EVERYONE ON THE TEAM that you have zero people skills, no clue on how to manage people, and are in way over your head.

You are the biggest liar out of the dozen or so managers that have floated through the sales team area, as well. Do you honestly beleive that no one can see right through your incredible loads of bullshit that fall out of your mouth?? That's the funniest / saddest part: You actually think that we are too stupid to see you are lying about pretty much everything. You actually BELIEVE that.

Our favorite is how you go on and on about how you "work from home" when you are sick. You mean when you are your boyfriend-manager who probably got you this job are sick on the same days? Or do you mean the day you were "sick" and came in THE NEXT DAY with a new haircut and hair color?? Yeah, the ENTIRE TEAM noticed how sick you were. We would like to see some doctors notes from you.

Let's talk about how completely and utterly socially retarded you are. Like mocking people in your "Team Huddles". First, to you, there is no "Team". It's painfully obvious what you think of us: Garbage. We are garbage you are forced to deal with so you can make your money and go on your "Saks 5th Avenue shopping sprees", as you are so fond of telling us about over and over.

Telling someone on your team "Remember that job you were trying for? Your looking at it" was all class. I have seen Down's Syndrome Kids with more class and tact. Oh and you know what? It would be nice if you actually PAID ATTENTION to questions asked and not acted like you hated being around your team. Several of us were wondering why we were not able to schedule vacation and you blew that question right off, didn't you? Instead you got angry and started telling us about "How we need to have 3 SNPs and one BETTER be a printer"..

Do you even have clue ONE about what it is you are supposed to be doing??? NONE of us think so. Guess what, idiot, you can't THREATEN people over and over and expect them to preform well. I'm not sure what Burger King School of Management you came from, but you are TERRIBLE.

You constantly belittle the people you are supposed to manage, mock them, you get angry when they ask you something you don't know the answer to (which is pretty much everything), you ditch work to go out with your boyfriend (who works there) or get your hair done, then demand Doctor's Notes from people you can TELL ARE SICK just by looking at them... I mean the list of how crappy you are goes on and on.

You know what? It's pathetic, grossly under-qualified mid-management dolts like yourself that is slowly killing Dell. You are a parasite that managed to slip through the cracks and you are slowly sucking the moral out of a team that MAKES MONEY for Dell. NO ONE WANTS TO WORK FOR YOU! If people don't want to come in and deal with an idiot manager, they are not going to want to get on the phones and sell! George Tillman (I am SURE YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS) motivated his people to excell. Take some notes instead of drooling after him every chance you get.

You may think this is one unhappy employee. Nope. It's THE TEAM. Don't beleive me? Setup a 360 and see how long you are there.

Do Dell a favor and quit. Your managerial "skills" are more suited to running a Nazi Death Camp than motivating people to sell products that pay your salary, idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 pm 

I agree with you Heavenly. That email was both funny and full of very sad truths. Unfortunately this is the kind of people that DHell has been hiring in all departments for years now. Almost all new supervisors recruited by DHell HR are either fresh out of college with ABSOLUTELY NO PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS or recently discharged US military personnel with some people management skills but they still have the MILITARY MENTALITY. DHell management throws these people into a two week management training program and believes that the training is enough for these people to get out on the floor and correctly lead & motivate a group of subordinates when in actuality it is not. Like I said this has been going on for years at DHell. Because in DHell managements mind, it is more "cost effective" (aka cheaper) to bring in new people from the outside than to promote people off the floor and DHell management wonders why the turnover rate is so high for hourly employees. As for the part about the "Nazi Death Camp", this unfortunately is wide spread throughout all of DHell. I know during my time at DHell this was the general feeling that me and a lot of my co-workers got about our jobs on a daily basis and DHell management still wondered why their "Tell Dell" numbers stayed so low and morale was so bad.

A: Until proven otherwise, Assume EVERYTHING coming from Dell Management is a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:34 pm 
Admin

I had the best, most effective manager of my entire career at Dell. Naturally, he got walked out a half hour before I did. The guy who replaced him was a Delldroid as described above, I learned from the only person who did NOT get walked, not right away anyhow.

I highly suspect Dell management training consists of the following: Disregard everything we say about ethics and integrity, but hammer the troops with it. Suck your manager's ass, harder deeper faster. (Sorry for the visceral reference, but that's really what happens and there's no way to say it politely.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Yep!
Typical Dhell stupidity! Dhell whould have been so much better if they had utilized the current working people and promoted from within. I know there were thousands of Cappable People working right under their blind eyes that could do the job One million times better. People like the manager in the letter Fked their way into a job and have Zero people skills and even worse mgt skills. It's sad to say but The State and most big companys are like this.

As for Ethics and Integerity? Dhell does the Song and dance for the federal people and hides the reall deal from them. I have been told personally by the Ombudsman (Perfect dell mouth piece) That Dhell can not gurantee that Mgt does not not violate your rights/ harass/ ect... and Dhell Will do anything to cover up the fact instead of getting rid of the Offending manager.

Gone are the days when someone could go up front and talk to Kieth Maxwell or another VP and have them look at a manager that just was belittling their team out loud infront of the whole building. And have that Manager walked out the door and his manager also for allowing it to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm 

Back in the old days when Dell was still a company one could count on (long time ago I know!!) I was sent to a new support team for portables. Our NEW manager was a female whose main claim to fame was a college degree (who knows in what or how she obtained it.....) and that she was the manager of a QVC team in a QVC call center before she came to Dell. That really made me feel confident. In her favor was the fact she was kind of good looking and had a nice smile.
Faults? Well, let's start with she had NO idea how to turn on a portable computer. I mean she couldn't find the damn button to push. OS? she thought that mean Oh Sh**. Her collective knowledge about computers would have fit on the end of her nose with room to spare.
People skills? As long as the GL was around she could get things done. When he wasn't around, well she sat at her desk and kept her mouth shut. It was safer for her that way. She could play favorites though. She got two new guys off the phones and into web desgin jobs in less than six months. Maybe they had the talent, but what can one say when they are seen talking to her, at her car, the door open her sitting sideways facing out of the car and they are standing within the perimeter of the car door?
And BTW, this was often at the end of our shift; 0100 in the morning.
How Dell ever thought they could continue to survive with managers who wouldn't know a computer from a brick, had the people skills of a rattlesnake and the morals and ethics of Al Capone I will never know. Long range plan to ruin Dell? IT WORKED!!!!!
BTW, Trish C, are you still at Dell? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:49 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

hey heavenlydemonic, why dont you just admit that you wrote that nastiness- do you think it is ok to publish peoples name in public and admonish them??? you need to grow up- I know Lauren Watson very well and she is nothing as you or your "friend" describes. You and your "friend" are nothing but passive agressive chicken shit bastards who instead of telling someone something to their face talk behind their back- that makes you lower than the lowest and if you ever would like to come out and identify yourself or your "friend" please do as I and many others would like to meet you face to face- YOU CHICKENSHIT LOSERS-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm 
Graduate Dellhater

truthreality wrote:
hey heavenlydemonic, why dont you just admit that you wrote that nastiness- do you think it is ok to publish peoples name in public and admonish them??? you need to grow up- I know Lauren Watson very well and she is nothing as you or your "friend" describes. You and your "friend" are nothing but passive agressive chicken shit bastards who instead of telling someone something to their face talk behind their back- that makes you lower than the lowest and if you ever would like to come out and identify yourself or your "friend" please do as I and many others would like to meet you face to face- YOU CHICKENSHIT LOSERS-

Looks like Lauren's boyfriend didn't like getting called out for his "sick" days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:33 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

truthreality wrote:

More like a class Ass kisser! You need to check for the brown nose.
I would believe the letter "Way more than a buttwhipe like you!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:32 pm 
Apprentice Dellhater

Sounds like business as usual on the Dell sales floor. Sounds like a typical sales manager too. With respect to the Nazi reference,I always thought they would chain us to the cubicals if they got the chance,lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 am 
Emperor of Dellhateology

mediablitz wrote:
truthreality wrote:

Looks like Lauren's boyfriend didn't like getting called out for his "sick" days.

pwned...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:33 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

Just a quick update for anyone that cares:

The manager spent all last week wandering around her team asking "Am I a bad manager?"

Friday was a Brown Bag with her Manager's Manager. apperently they did an "Ice Breaker" for 30 minutes and then he instructed Lauren's team to "send thier concerns to *X*" ...

*X* being some poor slob on Lauren's Team who is not in any way a manager. What? So he wants the team members to write up their concerns and give it to ... another team mate?

Also, kind of funny, but as SOON as the Brown Bag was over, Lauren called one of her cronies on the team into a 1 on 1 for the scoop. I mean wow, like no one was going to notice.

My $20 is that the above, disgruntled poster is in fact Lauren herself. And while I would like to take credit for causing a sucky, piss poor useless manager to crap their pants when they get called out ... I pass this honor on to the person(s) responsible: Her Team.

More than one person (more than 4, actually) contributed to that email being sent to Lauren and her manager. Congrats on shitting on the people you are supposed to manage so much to the point where they want you fired. Pass that on to her, please. Maybe she will just do dHell a favor and quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:39 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

truthreality wrote:

Oh, come out and identify myself like you did?

Oh. Wait...

And P.S - While I don't know Lauren Watson who works at RR3 personally, if she is so completely retarded that she can't manager her team for shit and gets her ass in a sling because she's such a dumbshit ... well yeah. Sounds like a dumb bitch to me and Dell probably doesn't need her. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:22 pm 
Emperor of Dellhateology

Sometimes if your entire team rebells on a manager or the LOL trust is gone. Dhell will bring in a team of flunkies to try to find out why. In our case we asked our manager to leave the meeting because no one trusted him to not do something to us after. It was a Dhell first. All Dhell did was move him to some other team to mess up and bring in an even worse more evil manager!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm 
Journeyman Dellhater

HR is kicking off the 360, that's the last I heard. Trousers are being shat somewhere and Lauren's village is missing it's idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm 
Apprentice Dellhater

HeavenlyDemonic wrote:
HR is kicking off the 360, that's the last I heard. Trousers are being shat somewhere and Lauren's village is missing it's idiot.

Wow, this reminds me of my V-Tech computer days! Same shit different company!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next