Dell complaints

The #1 Dell complaint forum
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ordering
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 pm 
Discovering Dellhate

Ordering with Dell use to be a breeze a few years ago, now it gets more and more dificult.
First, my rep has not been able to match online ordering price.
Second, the online ordering is not accurate. Today's example:
Tried to order Latitude 10, 3 basic choices $500, $600, and $700. I started with the $700 but there was no dock option. Chatted online and was told to get from 'Parts', but even having the Dell partnumber it wasn't there to order. So I went back and started with the $500 option, options I wanted were not all there. So I went to the $600, now there were options but choosing mobile under System gave error that I need to choose the Mobile option as well, but there was no Mobile option. So I called, on the 3rd person, the Dell employee went thru all the same steps, found all the same problems.
2 hrs later I was able to purchase via the phone with my credit card. Not how a business typically does ordering.
This is more work than I am able to continue doing, this type of problem has taken hours and spanned days in the past and not just a one time issue but going on for over a year now.
I am going to have to look into changing my vendor of choice. Bye Dell, I'll remember our halcyon days fondly.

Post subject: Re: ordering
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm 
Admin

Besides their soiled product and support reputation, above is why Dell is losing market share while Lenovo, Acer and Asus are gaining. One is given to ask, if they don't care enough about unit sales to do it right, why do it at all?